Is your high school student looking for a fun learning experience this summer? Maybe they want to get a taste of the college experience?
Wildcat Summer Academy is a weeklong event held on the campus of Indiana Wesleyan University from June 25-30. Students who finished 8th-12th grade in the spring of 2017 are welcome to attend. Each attendee will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of camps that provide enrichment, inspiration, and the opportunity to develop lifelong skills! Camp options include:
- Nursing Camp: Students will hear from special guests, practice nursing skills, and participate in simulations and field trips. They will also have the opportunity to become certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Theater Camp: Students will experience a week of learning new skills, participate in performances, explore other fine arts and consider what God is prompting them to pursue.
- Music Camp: This camp features both instrumental and vocal specialties. Students will develop their talents as they work to assemble a recital of both large ensemble and chamber music.
- Art Camp: Students will have the opportunity to explore several of the fine arts, such as ceramics, painting and photography.
- Marimba Seminar: Campers will spend the week learning from world-famous marimba player Leigh Stevens. Students will refine current skills and learn new techniques, while also preparing a closing concert for family and friends to enjoy.
All camps will incorporate life-calling principles into the curriculum as instructors seek not only to educate, but also to guide their students in determining their life calling. Students will have breakouts during the day and joint activities in the evening. Concluding the Wildcat Summer Academy will be a dessert reception for families as well as a theatre and music performances.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity for your student. We would love to see them on campus this summer!