Thanksgiving Break is coming up on November, 26, and your family is probably eagerly waiting to see your student again. During your visit, you may wonder how your student’s college experience has been, and you may have questions you would like to ask in a way that will invite your student to share. Below is a list of topics you might like to bring up.
1. What is your favorite class, and how would you describe it? What about your least favorite class?
2. What are your goals for the rest of the semester? How do you plan to accomplish them?
3. What is your favorite part of the year so far? Why?
4. What has challenged you most this semester? Why?
5. What were your expectations for the year? How have those expectations been met? How have they been unmet? How do you feel about those met and unmet expectations?
6. What are you looking forward to most in the coming months?
7. How would you describe your friends? What do you like to do together?
8. How does college differ from high school academically? Socially?
9. What have you missed most while away at school? What do you miss most when you come home?
10. What has been your favorite chapel service this semester?
11. How would you describe your overall experience with chapel?
12. Have you tried any of the alternative chapel services? What were they like?
13. How can I be praying for you?
What questions do you ask your student during breaks or weekends? Do you think you will use some of these questions over Thanksgiving Break? Let us know in the comments below!